When Dr. S Krishnaswamy founded KRISHNASWAMY ASSOCIATES
in Chennai in 1964, after studying Film and Television
at Columbia University, New York, he adopted a Vision
Statement for his company :
“We Film To Build Bridges
We Shoot To Destroy Walls
In translating this philosophy into action, during
these four decades, the company can count on some significant
Spreading the message of India worldwide as
an ancient society with youthful exuberance.
- INDUS VALLEY TO INDIRA GANDHI
- A 4 hour documentary on Indian history and culture
and the first Indian film to be distributed by a Hollywood
Banner – Warner Bros
- INDIA 5555 – On Indian civilizational
values and contemporary history, specially screened
for President Clinton preparing for his visit to India
- WHEN THE GODS DANCE - featuring
about 200 major Indian dancers, which won an international
award in USA.
Promoting the art and literature of Tamil
Nadu on the national scene
- UPASANA - Hindi TV serial based
on the Tamil twin classics Silappadikaram & Manimegalai,
which has been a phenomenal success.
- Hindi TV serials of Tamil short stories by a cross
section of authors including Jayakanthan for national
exposure to Tamil literature.
Conveying messages of inter-religious harmony.
- The short film ”I”
- Winner of the Special National Award To Commemorate
The Silver Jubilee Of the Indian Republic in 1975;
- REALITY BEHIND RELIGION - appealing
for harmony and peace, with statements by the major
religious leaders of India; RAINBOW & BALLOONS,
a music-video based on a poem instilling faith in
the brotherhood of man.
Bridging the understanding between generations
through biographical films. Documentaries on:
1. Shri Ramana Maharishi
5. R Venkataraman
6. C Subramaniam.
Focusing on women's empowerment, child labor
and environmental pollution.
- HOW THEY LEFT HELL BEHIND, which
won the first prize at IFUW Video Competition in Helsinki
- CHILD-IN-LAW, which created urban
awareness on child labour
- ACTION GANGA which portrayed pollution
of the Ganges calling for urgent action.
Production of fiction with high literary value
as Television Serials, which delivered sugarcoated messages
of deep social significance.
2. OORARINDA RAHASIYAM
3. CHINNA KUYILI
all are award winning stories of TV Serial.
- Exploring Ancient Indian Impact - INDIAN IMPRINTS
- Creating an awareness
about the science in our environment - ARIVIAL ARUVI